In the News
© Alexandra Wyman/AFM
Because of its groundbreaking approach rooted in sound strategy and real-world examples, Transmedia Marketing: From Film and TV to Games and Digital Media has entered and transformed the media making and media marketing conversation.
Producer and media strategist, and Transmedia Marketing’s author, Anne Zeiser is sharing its key concepts and case studies at top industry events. And, the book has received critical acclaim from producers, writers, marketers, business executives, and educators alike for its “how to” structure for writing a content and marketing plan, enlivened by relevant examples of winning approaches and techniques.
“[One of] the best books for those interested in storytelling, play and design.”
News and Reviews
- “Revealing the True Persona of the Next President,” Huffington Post, by Anne Zeiser, August 2, 2016 (a look at the presidential candidates by applying brand archetype strategy from the “Branding” chapter of Transmedia Marketing)
- “10 Tips to Make Your Content Go Viral,” American Film Market, by Anne Zeiser, June 22, 2016 (tips on making content more sharable and mini-case studies from “Audience, Audience, Audience,” “The Project Launch,” “The Social Screen,” and “Online and On-the-Go Marketing” chapters of Transmedia Marketing)
- “Downton Abbey Will Live On,” Huffington Post, by Anne Zeiser, March 7, 2016 (forecast of the future of Downton Abbey and précis on the series’ makeover from “A Rebrand — Masterpiece Theatre Meets Masterpiece“ in “Visual and Aural Identity” chapter of Transmedia Marketing)
- “A More Socially-Responsible Super Bowl,” Huffington Post, by Anne Zeiser, February 10, 2016 (exploration of current use of media for social change extensively covered in the “Media-fueled Social Impact” chapter of Transmedia Marketing)
- “Ask an EC Lion: Faculty (Emerson College) expert, Anne Zeiser, on the success of Downton Abbey,” YouTube, February 10, 2016 (forecast of the future of Downton Abbey and précis on the series’ makeover from “A Rebrand — Masterpiece Theatre Meets Masterpiece“ in “Visual and Aural Identity” chapter of Transmedia Marketing) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBPwHS60qP5tPMkrXP47yo0zDh3h588Ao
- “Transmedia Marketing Turns Audiences Into Ambassadors,” Imagine, by Anne Zeiser, December 2015-January 2016 (core concepts of Transmedia Marketing)
- Christopher Llewellyn Reed, filmmaker and Chair of the Film/Video Department at Stevenson University, MD reviews Transmedia Marketing, December 12, 2015 [“This is a must-read for any working producer (or even general media artist) out there.”]
- “Star Wars' Transmedia Mystery is Secret to its Success,” Huffington Post, by Anne Zeiser, November 3, 2015 (analysis of the Star Wars franchise with excerpt from “Online and On-the-go Marketing” chapter of Transmedia Marketing)
- Transmedia Marketing is recommended reading at the Columbia University School of Journalism in the Columbia Digital Storytelling Lab’s Sherlock Holmes and the Internet of Things, “14 Innovative Journalism Courses to Follow,” Storybench, by Alescu Bajak, September 9, 2015
- “9/11 Was More Important,” Our Gang, by Anne Zeiser, August 13, 2015, (mini-case studies from the “Advertising Context,” “Media Makers=Media Marketers,” and The Social Screen” chapters of Transmedia Marketing)
- “Girl Rising,” Our Gang, by Anne Zeiser, August 7, 2015 (a mini-case study from the “Media-fueled Social Impact” chapter of Transmedia Marketing)
- “Recommended Reading,” BookTrib, by McKenzie Morrell, July 31, 2016
- “He Was Always Going to Land on the Sofa,” Our Gang, by Anne Zeiser, July 31, 2015 (analysis of the Mad Men finale with link to “7 Seasons of Mad Men in 36 Seconds,” Huffington Post below)
- Transmedia Marketing is included in Northeastern University’s Storylab syllabus, “How Northeastern University Designed a Course to Reinvent Magazine Journalism for the Digital Age,” Storybench, by Aleszu Bajak, June 19, 2015
- “7 Seasons of Mad Men in 36 Seconds,” Huffington Post, by Anne Zeiser, May 18, 2015 (analysis of the Mad Men finale with excerpt from “Transmedia Marketing Case Studies” chapter of Transmedia Marketing)
- “40 Must Read Books on Story, Play, and Design” Culture Hacker, by Lance Weiler, December 2014
Permission to reprint photo provided by IFTA®
- August 2016 – worldwide – Transmedia Marketing: From Film and TV to Games and Digital Media Web site launches with extensive companion content
- August 2016 – worldwide – Transmedia Platforms: A Creator’s Guide to Media and Entertainment, a companion e-book to Transmedia Marketing, launches
- September 2015 – Jackson Hole, WY – Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival, “The Evolving World of Transmedia Programming,” “The Metrics of Impact,” and master workshop “Designing Social Impact Campaigns for Film and Media” (Anne Zeiser participates, moderates, and teaches key concepts of “Be Transmedia,” “Media-fueled Social Impact, “ and “Measuring Outcomes” chapters of Transmedia Marketing)
- July 2015 – worldwide – Transmedia Marketing: From Film and TV to Games and Digital Media publishes
- June 2015 – worldwide – PromaxBDA, the premiere entertainment marketing organization, offers Transmedia Marketing discount as part of its membership benefits
- March 2015 – Portland, ME – Woman Filmmakers Forum, JWFF, “Action! Documentaries That Move Us” panel (Anne Zeiser presents key concepts of the “Media-fueled Social Impact” chapter of Transmedia Marketing)
- January 2015 – Cambridge, MA – StoryCode in Collaboration with MIT Open Documentary Lab (Anne Zeiser presents Transmedia Marketing overview and the Lizzie Bennet Diaries case study from the “Transmedia Marketing Case Studies” chapter)
- November 2014 – Los Angeles, CA – American Film Market “The Engagement Factor” panel (Anne Zeiser presents key concepts at Focal Press’ and AFM’s pre-debut of Transmedia Marketing)
- September 2013 – London, UK and Los Angeles, CA – Focal Press and American Film Market partner for “American Film Market Presents®” book series (Transmedia Marketing, already under contract with Focal Press, designated as the marketing title in series)
© Anne Zeiser
Follow and Like Transmedia Marketing’s Facebook page
What Media Makers and Media Marketers Are Saying About Transmedia Marketing
As someone working at a talent agency this book is an unbelievable tool for our employees and our clients. Across the board, from directors, producers, writers, and actors, to our musical artists, this book provides fantastic analysis of modern media and entertainment landscapes.
Anne Zeiser's excitement for transmedia marketing literally jumps off the pages, which makes her book such a fun read. I especially loved the "Author's Anecdote" sections in each chapter, and all the quotes by top industry professionals sprinkled throughout the pages. It’s such a well-written, smart, energetic book – I highly recommend it!
This book has been an eye opening experience into the world of Transmedia. As someone who wants to work in the entertainment industry, it is clear that Transmedia is the way of the future, and this book has given wonderful insight into that world. Anne clearly has an understanding for the different elements involved in multi-platform storytelling, and gives great insight into how to create content that enhances a world and brings in a wider audience. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in getting a head start into the fascinating world if Transmedia!
This is a nifty, entertaining, and revelatory book for anyone in the media. The old days of focusing on the creative content of your project and THEN publicizing it are gone. This is the new era of transmedia marketing, where you should be publicizing and forming social media alliances before you even put one image on the screen or one word to paper. What Anne Zeiser has to say makes a whole lot of sense, and whether you are an author, game developer, filmmaker, or branding campaign manager, this book has practical tips for you.
Chock-full of clear examples, interviews with industry experts, and an insider’s look at how to utilize the tools for a successful transmedia campaign, TRANSMEDIA MARKETING serves as an excellent resource for both beginners and veterans alike who wish to better understand transmedia as a resource. This book is smart, clear, and entertaining, as Anne Zeiser demonstrates her extensive knowledge and expertise on one of media's most important innovations - RECOMMEND.
This book promises to be an indispensable resource for producers and content creators who want a better understanding of transmedia marketing. Few people know the field as well as Anne Zeiser, who has assembled a fascinating guide, complete with useful case studies. Just as media now transcends boundaries, Zeiser shows that effective marketing must do the same. How to do so is the rub, and this book will give you a great head start.
Filmmakers around the globe know that marketing is not what it used to be.
TRANSMEDIA MARKETING is a treasure trove of information for media makers everywhere to have the tools they need to get their message out.
The Transmedia Revolution has changed not only the way screenwriters sell their product, but even how they create it. Anne Zeiser's new book is an absolutely essential guide for writers as they navigate their work through all these new and sometimes tricky media platforms to success. Zeiser is a media vet with loads of insight and experience but yet she also has her finger on the pulse of where the industry is now and where it's going. Whether you're a novice just starting out or a seasoned writer/producer trying to stay relevant, this is the book for you!
In today's digital age, every Hollywood insider knows that successful storytelling must embrace multiple platforms. Zeiser's book artfully breaks down every media platform imaginable and guides you step by step through the often complicated maze of transmedia storytelling and marketing. If you’re a creator, this is a brilliant, "must read" that will enable you to engage global audiences and significantly up your chances of having the next big hit that everyone's talking about.