This is the companion website for Family Policy Matters by Karen Bogenschneider.
This best-selling text integrates the latest research and cutting-edge practice to make an evidence-based case for family policy. This book uses examples from around the globe to explain how families support society and how policies support families. The book also moves beyond analysis to action with pragmatic processes and procedures for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of policies by viewing them through the lens of family impact.
What You Will Find on This Website
Instructors and lecturers:
- an introduction to the new edition by the author
- philosophy and strategies for teaching family policy
- how chapters in the third edition differ from chapters in the second edition
- undergraduate and graduate Family Policy syllabi
- lesson plans for each chapter
- classroom activities and homework assignments
- discussion questions
- video, audio, and web resources
- short-answer test questions
- PowerPoint lecture slides.
- key terms and definitions for additional review.
Resources prepared by:
Rothermel Bascom Professor of Human Ecology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Family Policy Specialist, University of Wisconsin/Extension
Olivia Little and Emily Parrott
Doctoral students, Department of Human Development and Family Studies
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Print and web publications specialist, Family Impact Institute
University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Elaine A. Anderson, Professor, Department of Family Studies, University of Maryland
- Barry Flinchbaugh, Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Kansas State University
- Nancy Wicklund Gonzalez, Consultant, National Council on Family Relations
- Deborah B. Gentry, Professor and Associate Dean, College of Applied Science and Technology, Illinois State University
- Beverly Hartberg, Associate Director, Office of Family Ministry, Diocese of Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- Tammy L. Henderson, Associate Professor, Department of Human Development and Family Science, Director, Gerontology Institute, Oklahoma State University
- Mark Lederer, Lecturer, Human Development and Family Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Heidi Normandin, Associate, Communications, Governance, and State Relations, Education Commission of the States
- Denise A. Skinner, Professor, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Jill Steinberg, Faculty Associate, Human Development and Family Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Steven K. Wisensale, Professor, Public Policy, School of Family Studies, University of Connecticut
- Julie Zaloudek, Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Shirley Zimmerman, Professor Emeritus, Department of Family Social Sciences, University of Minnesota